Measures to control zinc ash on the surface of the GL Galvalumed Steel Coil made in China.
1. Optimize the furnace nose nitrogen humidification system
The humidification system can raise the dew point temperature so that the zinc vapor forms a protective film on the surface of the zinc liquid to inhibit the evaporation of the zinc liquid. When the dew point temperature is improperly controlled, excessive water vapor may cause defects. Therefore, the optimum furnace nose dew point temperature should be determined in practice.
2. The zinc slag cleaning in the nose of the furnace
- Make a special spoon for the slag, and clean the scum in the nose of the furnace 2-3 times per shift.
- Increasing the zinc dross adsorption and removal device in the nose of the furnace, and blowing the external hot air into the closed furnace nose through the fan.
- Using the downtime, reduce the zinc pot, expose the zinc liquid surface at the nose of the furnace, and manually slag.
3. Strip steel temperature control
Strictly control the temperature of GL Galvalumed Steel Coil made in China into the zinc pot. Because the temperature of the strip exceeds 20°C of zinc liquid, it will not only increase the temperature of the zinc pot but also increase the amount of zinc slag.